Monday, February 16, 2009

Life on the farm!

Knudsen Corner
Well Chris and I were talking about how much has changed in a year, and we were especially laughing because of how different our lives were just a year ago. We actually felt so blessed in the timing of selling our house, because the farm was empty so we had some where to go. Also it just so happened that Chris was in a car accident and Knudsen's had an extra car we could use until ours was fixed.
Anyways the time we lived at the farm was difficult for so many reasons (horrible snow storms, freezing cold, being huge pregnant and che' running away daily are a few), but looking back we both felt so blessed to have that time there. It is such amazing land, and so important to Chris' family and heritage that we actually felt honored. It sounds weird and I promise I'm not "One of those people" but we could really feel Grandpa Knudsen's presence still there. So here is a little peak into our lives on the farm at Knudsen corner.


Che literally ran away as often as possible, we got to know our neighbors really well even though they lived 5 acres away! My favorite time was a Saturday afternoon, Chris was gone and I was cleaning the house and lost track of how long I had left che out. I realized and see him running down 6200 s. So I run out 8 months prego and huge chasing after che' who is running in the middle of the street. People were pulling over to help me because they felt so bad for me.


Chris and his brothers got Grandpa Knudsen's tractor up and going! This was by far one of the highlights of living there. Chris would take me on tractor rides and tell me all about the farm back in the day. I know Darwin would've been proud to see his Grandson's so passionate about the land he loved!

Darwin loved this water wheel. He had a new one installed a couple of years before he passed away and every time I went to the farm he would take me over and tell me about how this wheel will last 1,000 years! Chris also got this up and going, until it flooded the driveway!





The barn...My favorite memory of the barn was Darin had his Jr. Prom there so Chris, Justin and Darin actually pulleyed a couch up into the loft and set up a screen to watch movies. So the night before a bunch of us got all of our blanket and sleeping bags and watched a movie. It is the coolest barn, and actually very old (as you can tell by the pic!)

Right before we sold our house Chris was in a 4 car pile up on I-15. My poor X-Terra was in bad shape and the kid that caused it was an idiot. We didn't get that car back until almost April 4 long months waiting to get it back!


Last year at this time I was teaching school. My students were so excited for me to have a baby and their favorite thing to do was give Lydia hugs (through my tummy,) and also give her high 5's. I loved those kids with all my heart and was so glad to have that be my final class.

A year ago Che' woke Chris up each morning...now it is Lydia!
Last year at this time our house was barley starting to get the framing done. We were so excited and felt like we were doing what we were supposed to by building. We have been so blessed over the past year and have grown so much as a couple! It is so fun to look back, and even more fun to imagine what we have in store for the future!





P.S. The only saving grace we had freezing our butts off was that in March Lindsey and Justin moved into the basement of the farm. It made a difference to have them there to share in the adventure. I was probably the ogre that lived upstairs because of how onry I was by the end but it was probably the only time we will ever have the chance to live with our family like that. We will never foget so many funny things about living there (i.e. the basement becoming the workshop for everyone's projects, sharing the scary laundry room, the house always being freezing cold, the boys "playing" on the tractor, and our mid-night runs to "Nelson's frozen custard....I miss that place!)

1 comments:

NatBug said...

Isn't it amazing how much our lives change in a year! Congrats on all of the fun stuff that you guys have done, and all of the things that you have accomplished.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer