Thursday, February 19, 2009

What would you do?


So for the first time in my life I run out of gas. I am super paranoid about it and so lucky for me I ralized I was low and headed for the gas station. I was pulling up to the pump when I realized that I was pulling to the pump on the wrong side and so I put it in reverse and when I do so my car stalled. Now you would think well atleast you are at a gas station right? Well I sat there trying to push my car towards the pump for about 10 minutes (I watched people look at me and keep on driving or walk into the gas station without even a second thought.) Then I see an older car come peeling into the station with a couple of Mexican's in it, and would'nt you know it they jump right out of their car and run over to see if I need help. They pushed my car over and then I realized that the pump would'nt reach my tank so they pushed me again to the pump on the right side. It makes you wonder why are some people so hesitant to help? And why were they the only ones who didn't stop to think about all the things they had to get done. I will be honest it makes you wonder ( it wasn't even like I needed anyone to push my car a mile, it was literally 10 feet.) Anyways whoever those guys were they were my hero's today. And the next time I see someone who needs help I'm going to stop whatever I'm doing and help however I can.


So for me that was my real life "What would you do?" story and those two would've passed, while several others would've failed!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahhh! I HATE running out of gas! I'm so glad there were some people that FINALLy came to help. Those other people are RUDE!!

Heather Strong said...

I had the same type of thing happen to me once and everyone just stared at me while I was struggling my brains out - no one offered to help! So sad. It's always a good reminder to the rest of us though when someone is a good example like that though. Anyway, we drove through your neighborhood today. I think we may actually look to moving that way - like Riverton or SJ... if we could just sell our place first. It would be fun! Lots of play dates!

NatBug said...

That sucks Brit! I have not personally ran out of gas, but I am so glad that those guys were nice enough to stop and help you! Where do you live in Riverton, my mom basically lives on the river bed and 12100 S. We are actually looking at homes out that way!

Ashley King said...

I ran out of gas once right in front of a gas station at 5:30 in the morning. Like you said, at least that is the place to run out. I can't believe people just watched you try to push your car for so long, sheesh!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer