Friday, February 27, 2009

Look out Puerto Rico!

Well I am so excited to announce that Darin got his call to...
Puerto Rico, San Juan west mission
He will be reporting to the Provo MTC May 20th and he will be there for 3 weeks, before he will fly out and spend another 6 weeks in the Dominican Republic MTC.
Congrats Darin...or should we say
ELDER KNUDSEN!
The infamous white envelope, all the boys were trying to see through the envelope by holding it up to the light...nice try!
The suspense was killing us all, we made Darin open it before 8:00 pm and a couple of his friends ended up missing it (Oh well we were just too excited!)

Darin reading where he is going to spend the next two years serving the chuch and teaching the most important message on the earth today!


Afterwards the boys jumped right on the computer to find out as much as they could, I think Darin was a little shocked!
It was pretty funny Darin was worried about warm showers and we found out they do have warm showers but crappy water so it sounds like he will be drinking a lot of Pepsi! My favorite comment of the night was right after Darin opened it he said "Man I'm old, I can't believe i'm old enough and mature enough to go on a mission." and Justin's response was "Ya man I feel the same way and look at me I'm married!"
Congrats Darin you are going to do an amazing job!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun for him!! Hey, that women's conference is next Saturday, March 7th... I know it's in the morning, but I'm not sure what time. In the past it has started around 9. I hope you come, I would love to see ya!

Staci Davies said...

That's crazy he's got his call. No one usually feels as old as they really are. That's funny what Justin said. So true though. What an experience that will be for him.

Love all the pictures of Lydia makin messes for ya. It's quite a journey with these little ones. If she wasn't so stinkin cute it would be more upsetting to find messes like that. Her rolls in that last picture are to die for

Sarah said...

Oh, and p.s. the pool is at murray rec center- the indoor one (obviously :)

smallfry21 said...

I cant believe how big she is getting! You have your hands full and it just gets worse :) It is good to see what you are up to. Are you still teaching dance? Lets do a game night soon!

NatBug said...

That's cool! Not what I guessed, but cool! That is so funny that he was worried about warm showers! It is funny to see what people worry about the most in that type of situation. If I went on a mission, I would worry about what kind of bugs were there and if I had electricity.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer