Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 19th, 2008-April showers bring...more disappointment!

Continued from previous post...I told you guys this was going to be a dewsy!

So throught the night I kept having contractions and was in a lot of pain. At this point all I could think about was the fact that I had both my family shower as well as my friends shower that day. So Chris and I got up at about 5:00 am knowing full well that I wasn't having the baby but that I needed medicine to dull the pain or else I was going to be a wreck for the showers. So off to the hospital we went again.

This time the hospital was calm, the nurse at the front desk was very nice and they got us right into a room. I don't know if ya'll know this but when you check in they keep you for two hours regaurdless of whether or not you are going to have the baby, so we hunkered down and were prepared to hang out.

The nurse came in got me all hooked up and then checked my progress...yet again I am effaced and now I'm dialated to about a 1 (but the nurse said that was pushing it.) She reccomended that I take a walk to see if it will enduce me, little did she know if the riding lawnmower wasn't going to do it then a little walking definitely wasn't going to work. So finally she talked to my dr. gave me some MORPHINE, and sent us on our way. Now mind you they say either the morphine will slow the contractions or put you into labor even more. At this point it slowed those contractions right down. Chris and I got back to my parents slept for 3 hours and then I had to get up and get showered and ready for some showers.

I had my family shower at Chris' parents at 12:00 and then my friend shower at 5:00 at my good friend Amanda's. At the family shower I was feeling really good, I couldn't feel my contractions at all and was starting to think I may not be having this baby soon afterall. By the time I was opening presents at my friends shower I was grinning through the pain and just trying not to show it.

Chris and I went and got dinner that night at some BBQ chicken place and by now I was really feeling the pain. We didn't want to go back to the hospital to be sent away again so we went home and chris got the tub all ready for me.

****Mind you we are living at the farm, and I had never been in the room with the tub before because Chris thought it was creepy. So he went in there with rubber gloves, lysol and some serious elbow grease and he got it ready. Now I was sort of still grossed out so we just kept the lights off so I didn't have to really see where it was that I was taking a bath. Not only that but the water heater at the farm only held like 5 gallons I swear so Chris would get the tub all hot and then get the kettle going and walk back and forth pouring hot water into the tub so that I could have a couple minutes of relief. This went on until about 4:00 am and I finally told Chris to go upstairs and get some sleep.
I tried to brave out the contractions on my own and I won't lie I bawled like a baby, they were by far the most painful things I have ever experienced. They were coming every 5 minutes and they were so bad I would have to get out of bed and try to brave it. This went on like this through the night...

I'm not going to make you wait for Sunday April 20th, because basically all that happened was I went to the hospital at about 2:00 pm only to be sent away with morphine again, but this time it didn't work so Sunday was another painful mess of a day!

Now keep in mind that I have now been in active labor for 48 hours, I don't really count Friday because I wasn't in too much pain. And I'm not going to lie that I was ready to be done being pregnant...

Sorry to keep you hanging but there is more coming soon!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

This is so funny! I know it's probably not supposed to be... but I'm sure you can laugh at it now:)Chris is so cute for getting valet at the hospital- just how a concerned new dad would be, right? I can't believe you were in labor for that long... and still some! It's funny to hear about the "farm" because it sounds like you were a hick living back in the 20's or something!! I love that you mowed the lawn at 9 months pregnant... and then took a bath heated by a kettle!! This is a great story... can't wait for more:)

Jo said...

This is great I love waiting!!!

Anonymous said...

By the way I am pretty sure you can take that part about me "Being single" down :)

Anonymous said...

from ty-bob!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer