Thursday, April 16, 2009

Deceptively Delicious!

Well I had seen Jessica Seinfeld on Oprah talking about her new recipe book called "Deceptively Delicious." At the time I was prego with Lydia and I thought to myself, wow I am totally going to do that with my kids. Well my Mom without knowing that I wanted that recipe book got it for me for Valentines day, and I have finally decided that it is going to be a way of life for our family. I am tired of always feeling like we don't eat healthy, and it is my fault because I'm the one who cooks. Not only that but Lydia has put her foot down, she is done with baby food. I have never seen a baby throw a tantrum the way that she does when you try to feed her some pureed pears or bananas!
Anyways I was going through the cookbook and was really cravin muffins, I found a recipe that sounded great Peanutbutter, banana muffins. Not only did it sound good it seemed pretty healthy (minus the peanut butter.) So this morning while I was making some Chicken noodle soup, I decided to try out the recipe (so I used the left over carrots from the soup for the puree!) Anyways here it is step by step!

I think the only way to really make this way of life work is if you have all of your purees done ahead of time. I had done the carrots earlier and it was quite the project!

It's pretty sad how proud I was of my little bags of puree!



The only way I can cook is if I keep Lydia occupied...really healthy meal golden grahams and a ginger snap!


Looks like the easter bunny took a crap in my bowl!

You know that they are good if even Chris will eat the finished project without one complaint!






4 comments:

Heather Strong said...

Emmett did the same thing with the pureed baby foods. Just one day he wanted nothing to do with them anymore and wouldn't ever eat them again! It's fine though, I was tired of buying them! It is amazing how much cheaper he has gotten lately! Those muffins look good! I should look into that cookbook, that is so cool!

Sarah said...

Ha ha ha!! What did that Easter bunny EAT?!?! You are so funny. I've heard great things about that book, but my kids love veggies and fruit, so I've never had to use it. Looks like fun though! :)

l.k. said...

Hey - those muffins were awesome!

NatBug said...

I love her book! My mom had bought it for me for Mother's Day one year when she had seen Jessica on Oprah as well. My kids are so super picky when it comes to their veggies, fruits not as bad. I use this book all the time, I make sure to never tell my children what I am really putting in their food, and honestly they never know the difference.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer