Monday, April 20, 2009

Liddy-bug's Birthday party!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYDIA!
Well on Sunday we celebrated Lydia's 1st birthday with the family. It was so much fun to have both mine and Chris' families over. Our families get along so well, it was a lot of fun and even if Lydia doesn't remember it I think it turned out really well! I decided to go with a Lady-bug cake because we always call her Liddy-Bug, and I have a feeling that Lady bugs are going to follow this child throughout her life (ha ha ha!) Anyways everyone came over for Cake and ice-cream and to watch Lydia open presents. Then afterwards of course we took all the new toys and headed down to the studio, it was a riot to see the little kids (Lydia, Raini and Bode) and the big kids (all of us) having so much fun. Balls were flying kids were riding cars and running around and it was just alot of fun. Thanks to everyone who came for helping to make Lydia's 1st birthday such a special one. We know she has a lot of people who love her alot and we love you guys for it!
Just a few of Lydia's presents...this was before Chris family arrived, yes she is one spoiled child.
Here are a couple of pictures of the cake I made, I made two, one was my test and the other was the real one.
I think that they look cute but I hope they tasted ok...you never know when you cook a cake in a bowl!

Grandpa and Nana Hardman let her open one present before everyone got there and she loved it, it is a singing keyboard...anything with music and LYdia is absolutely enthrawled!

The kids were having a little pow-wow in the bounce house...it was so fun to see Lydia play with other kids, they all seemed to have a lot of fun!

Lydia opening her presents with the help of Bode and Raini!
The only pic I have of Lydia getting ready to blow out her candles...and don't worry it is so blury! (needless to say my camera isn't top of the line!)

Everyone watching Lydia eating her cake...what did we do before we had kids?

THe gang!
I think that Lydia liked her birthday cake
All done...she looks like a vampire child!
Bode and Raini got in on the cupcake action as well!
Raini getting ready to get cleaned up.
Well Lydia definitely made out like a bandit...She is one spoiled 1 year old!
Lydia playing with a few of her toys...we had family night outside, basically it consisted of Chris cooking the bacon for BLT's and Lydia and I playing with Che'

I love the look on her face...I think she thought she was going to fall.

She loves her new baby stroller, she pushed that baby around all day!
Come, come on the drums! (from "The Break-up")

Chris...the master of the grill! Once Che smelled the bacon he wouldn't leave Chris' side!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday cute cute Lydia!! Good job on the cake Britt, that is amazing. She is so darling- looks like she had a great, fun, happy birthday.

NatBug said...

Happy 1st Birthday Lydia! (The cutest 1 year old!) Her party looks like e success, she sure did get spoiled, I love all of those toys. The ones that she can walk behind will be her favorite!! BTW-I love her cake, you did such a great job, so creative!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Lydia!! Can't believe you're one year old already! :)

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Lydia! Love the cake Britt! So cute! Deni got the same stroller so fun! We'll need to get together soon and play!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer