Friday, April 30, 2010

All by myself

Well Chris conveniently went on a golf trip with his Dad and Brother's this weekend and left me and Lydia alone to fend for ourselves (not really I knew about it well in advance, but for dramatic purposes ha ha ha.) Well it just so happened that it was my month to host BUNCO which left me in a bit of a predicament considering I had originally planned on the regular baby sitter watching Lydia while I taught dance and then I planned on having Chris take Lydia during BUNCO. Anyways way too much information so I ended up taking Lydia to my parents while I taught dance and then my mother-in-law volunteered to keep Lydia over night so I wouldn't have to come back and pick her up late. It is really the first night I have had completely to myself with no kids or hubby and I won't lie the sound of it made me quite excited. I had all of these big plans. It was after all Thursday which meant I had a whole slew of my favorite shows waiting on the DVR fo me (community, parks and rec, the office, 30 Rock and Survivor) Anyways then I planned to continue on my journey watching "Lost" seson 5 (I am really lost already but it is so addicting!) Then I planned to sleep in as late as I possibly could, I thought 9:00 would be great.

Anyways I made it through One of my shows before I was zonked on the couch, lugged myself to bed. After I went to bed I woke up about 10 times to check on Lydia on the video monitor, I don't know if I usually do that and just don't realize how reassuring it is to see my little toad nestled in her big girl bed or if it was just because I was missing her. Then I woke up at 7:30 am and I couldn't fall back asleep. I won't lie I was missing my usual alarm clock of "Mom, get in here"...yes that is how Lydia wakes me up every morning and I didn't realize just how much I loved it until I didn't have that this morning!

Anyways is what I am really trying to say is that a night away sounded like heaven but it really made me realize that Heaven is every second I have with my little girl (and husband of course...ha ha ha!) Sometimes I take it for granted how much joy she really does bring to my life! So anyways I'm looking forward to some girl time before daddy get's home and I can't wait to hear my alarm in the morning!

2 comments:

l.k. said...

Loved this post Brit! I know I tell you all the time, but I seriously love you so much! :)

Rachelle Underwood said...

Ha hahaha...yes, I agree with how you felt. It seems so wonderful to have a night off, but you end up missing your little one(s), so it isn't as fun as you thought it would be. Nice to have family so close to help you out!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer