Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010


Well this was such a fun Christmas to say the least. Lydia really started to get Christmas this year, I wouldn't say that she totally got it but she really liked Simon the elf and she loved saying "Merry Christmas" she is still saying it and not going to lie it cracks me up.

Anyways this was the first Christmas since Chris and I have been married that we stayed the night in our own house. We have usually stayed the night at my parents but with two kids this year we decided to stay home and my parents and tyler came over in the morning. My parents go Lydia a doll house for Christmas and Chris and I were up until 4 am putting it together, we knew we were in trouble when we opened it and there were 73 parts, it was worth the head ache and lack of sleep to see how excited she was on Christmas morning. Also a couple of days before Christmas we heard about this deal at R.C. Willey where if you spent over a certain amount you could buy this power wheels car for $30...so we were on the hunt in the end I bought a refrigerator for one of Chris friends so we could get the deal. As a kid I always wanted one of those, Lydia didn't love it quite as much as I had hoped, maybe in a couple of months she will warm up to it.
As a kid I always remember waking up at the crack of dawn, so excited to see all that waited for me under the Christmas tree. The way I know that Lydia doesn't quite get it all the way is we all slept in until about 10 am (Audrey included...love that baby!) When we got the call that my parents were on their way we went in to lay Lydia and Audrey down together so we could get the video camera ready to capture their excitement. Lydia sweetly asked "Where is Simon" which is the question we have heard every morning since Simon made his debut in our home. Then she also answered her own question "Simon is in the doll house!" Chris and I looked at each other and busted up laughing, we asked her how she knew and she said "I saw a car too!"
Needless to say Lydia had gone out to see all that Santa had brought her, then went back into her room so we never had any idea...that little girl cracks me up.
Overall it was such a fun Christmas, Lydia opened all or her and Audrey's presents so by the end she was a little tired of opening presents (does that actually happen?) We loved seeing her excited about her toys, and she has loved her doll house...it was definitely a hit. She also got a darling Tee-pee that Grandma Knudsen made for her, we set it up tonight and she LOVED it! To say the least we have two kids who are totally spoiled...or should I say were very good all year so Santa brought them a lot of great stuff this year.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


The stocking were hung by the "staircase" with car

Simon waiting in the doll house

Lydia and Audrey waiting for Nana and Grandpa to get here

My sweet girls in their Christmas jammies!

Daddy and baby Audrey

Uncle Tyler was a good sport and came out to watch Lydia open presents.

We think the reason Lydia hates the car is because a few weeks earlier Chris and my dad put Lydia on the bumper cars at jungle Jim's all by herself and to say the least it scared her half to death.

Audrey all tuckered out from all the Christmas excitement I'm sure...ha ha ha!
Lydia showing Nana her Belle Barbie...that Nana and grandpa got her

Lydia and Grandpa playing in the doll house

Justin and Lindsey make an incredible ginger bread house every year, and this year they let the kids destroy it...to say the least they had an absolute blast!

Daddy and Auds

Aunt Stacey and cute Carter

Another highlight this year was that we got to skype with Darin who is serving in Puerto Rico. It was so fun to actually be able to see him and not just hear him. He looks great and he is loving his mission. You can just tell that he is one amazing missionary. He was so surprised with all the changes in our family (i.e. 3 new nieces and nephews.) We love him so much and are so proud of him and we know that he is exactly where he is supposed to be right now!




3 comments:

Emily Call said...

She looked so beautiful in her blessing gown. Glad to hear it was such a wonderful day... oh and you looked gorgeous too, by the way!

Ashley King said...

Okay seriously, the pictures of the girls together in bed almost make me tear up! Sooooo sweet! Looks like you had a fun Christmas :)

NatBug said...

WOW....what a great Christmas....Santa sure did spoil you guys. I love the pic of the girls in their jammies. Audrey's jammies are so cute, my friends little girl who is 2 months has the same ones...cute! That is funny that Lydia was scared of the car, she will warm up to it I am sure!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer