Saturday, January 22, 2011

Courtesy Cone

So the last night we went out with some friends in our neighborhood (I'm saying that because I am still so sad that our ward got split and we are in a new ward while the rest of our neighborhood is still in our old ward...it sucks) anyways we went to dinner and then to Arctic Circle afterward so the kids could play at the play place while we talked.

I didn't realize that Arctic Circle gives away courtesy cones. Their daughter Amelia (who is a year older than Lydia) took Lydia up to the front and got them both cherry dipped courtesy cones, I was cracking up just seeing the two little girls up at the front peeking from below the counter. When they came running back I could just see how excited Lydia was, I got an ice cream cone without mom! So they ate the cherry part and played a little longer, then they decided to go and get another one. Lydia yet again was so excited this time she decided it was for real. She ate the cherry dipped part handed the rest of her cone to Chris and RAN to the front. If you know Lydia you know she is a little shy around people she doesn't know very well, so we are all watching her just stand at the front not saying anything. She was just waiting as usual for her magic cherry dipped cone to appear.

Well Chris decided that she needed to finish her other cone so he went and grabbed her, as he walked her back her bottom lip started to quiver and she just dropped her little head into her hands. Instantly she had a total break down. This may not sound as funny or cute as it really was but I gotta say it was hilarious.

All I could think is I'm sure she was so excited to get the cone all by herself, then she didn't dare to talk and just expected the cone to appear, and then daddy wouldn't let her. Anyways this was one of those moments that I always want to remember (hence putting it in here, so I don't forget!)

Anyways love that little girl!

1 comments:

Ashley King said...

How adorable. Seriously, I can just picture it and it sounds so sad/funny/cute all at the same time!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer