Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Little Dancer

The 18th was the studio's dance recital. This year was especially fun since Lydia has been taking dance so she was in the recital. I have to say I have had my struggles with deciding if it is the best thing to have her taking from me, sometimes she doesn't listen to me as well as I think she would listen to someone else, but I have to remind myself she is only 2 (ha ha ha!)

Anyways her dance was to "My boyfriend's Back" and to say the least she loved the song. At the dress rehearsal she ran around on stage during the entire time her class was practicing, to say the least I was a little stressed out. On Friday the day of the performance I drilled it into Lydia's head that if she stayed on her tape I would get her a Bullseye and Jesse toy...to say the least she heard that from me about 100 times before it was actually time for her to perform.

At the actual performance she stayed on her tape (it was obvious all the other mom's had the same idea that I did, with bribing our kids...ha ha ha!) Anyways they all did so good, and it was so much fun seeing my own daughter up on stage dancing and having a blast. I love my little dancer and was so proud of her!



Gotta say I love, love, love their costumes!

Lydia has definitely grown since I ordered these costumes, her's was a little tight so we had to safety pin it around the neck so she would leave it alone.

I especially love the feather!

3 comments:

holly said...

What a cutie...that little Lydia!! My favorite was the feather too :)

Next time I will make sure to get lots of pics of her too (I wish I would of thought of that so you had some cute pictures of her on stage! I have about a million of Kate!)

Ashley King said...

What stinkin' cute costumes! Lydia looks adorable :)

Meg said...

Just what I've been waiting for..these pictures. They don't disappoint. She looks darling!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer