Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mommy I went pee pee on the potty!


For the past month I have been telling Lydia that after the dance recital we are going to say goodbye to diapers. My friend Marie said that when she potty trained her little girl she talked about it for a while before so that she knew that it was coming. Anyways it was great advice and it really did help. After the recital we took the diapers and we put them away...Lydia was pretty excited to say good bye to them at first. Then she realized that she had to go on the toilet. At first she fought us tooth and nail...she didn't want to go on the potty. Then she had her first success, and luckily I bought the cheapest toilet I could find but it has a mechanism where when she goes it registers it and sings a little song...to say the least it was instant praise and just what she needed.

Overall since the 19th she has been in training and she is doing a lot better than I thought. My only concern is that she holds her poop in and so when she does finally go they are the size of China (sorry I'm sure no one wants to hear about my childs bowel movements...lol!) But we have good days and bad days but for the most part it is getting better and better each day! My favorite part is seeing how proud Lydia is when she goes on the potty, there is a lot of celebrating around our home and I love seeing her face light up when she knows she is doing what she is supposed to!


4 comments:

Ashley King said...

GO Lydia! Good luck with the potty training, I'm really not looking forward to that in the future!

Shana Smith said...

Oh yes, we too are in the midst of potty training! Coast loves going on the toilet so hopefully he will be successful very soon! Lydia is the cutest little dancer, I love the outfit too, she is a doll!!

Meg said...

She is getting so grown up!

Unknown said...

Try the towel potty training method.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer