Sunday, August 9, 2009

4 years down...the rest of eternity to look forward to!

Well on August 4th it was mine and Chris' 4 year anniversary. That night Chris surprised me with my favorite flowers, lilly's. The picture doesn't do them justice they are absolutley beautiful. I was in charge of the anniversary activities this year. We dropped Lydia off at my parents on Friday at about 2:00 and headed down town. If you know Chris and I you know that we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hole in the wall restaurants. Sometimes we find the best restaurants and other times we come home sick. We kept hearind about the "Red Iguana" we had both been dying to go there so our first stop was lunch. It was the BOMB, you know it's going to be good when it is packed on a Friday at 3:00. Seriously it was so so good.
Next we went to Gateway and saw G.I. Joe, now if I can save anyone some money and 2 1/2 hours that you will never get back DO NOT SEE THAT MOVIE! We were both pissed the first 3 minutes, and if we weren't in the middle of the row we would've walked out for sure. It sucked. After that horrible movie we went and checked into our hotel. I have always wanted to stay at the Hotel Monaco. It was so cute and very classy. Our room was awesome minus our view of the vallet parking. It is so weird how just staying the night away can make such a difference.
Once we got all checked in we decided to hop on tracks and ride for a bit. We got off at Gateway and walked through some of the stores, I met a bagpipper that I had to get my picture with. Then it was too the roof. We went there for our 1st anniversary and it was such an amazing experience, and I say experience because it isn't just dinner it is so much more. We had reservations for 8:30 and our table was directly in front of the temple. It is seriously a spiritual experience. The piano, the temple, I seriously got teary eyed looking down at the excited brides walking the temple grounds and thinking that was us 4 years ago. We ate to our hearts content and you will see from the picture that I PIGGED out on the desserts. We were laughing so hard because they had special dessert plates and I bypassed those and got a full on dinner plate and literally I got One of EVERYTHING. The waitress was laughing at me that's how bad it was.
After dinner we walked back to the hotel and stopped at the lounge for a hot cocoa, we were both so full it was awesome. Then the next morning I slept in for the first time in 8 months, it was awesome. Then we had to try another dive that we have heard amazing things about. So we went to the "Blue Plate Diner" for breakfast. It did not dissapoint, the omlet was absolutely delectable, and Chris' breakfast burrito looked amazing. Then we headed to my Parents to pick Liddy. We had such a fun little mini vacay. And a super huge thank you to my parents who watched Lydia. She didn't want to leave, they definitely spoil that child.


My beautiful flowers!
The Red Iguana, I wasn't kidding when I said it is a hole in the wall.
I will be the first to say never judge a book by it's cover it was amazing.

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone it was so nice, and great service. But I would take trax down instead of having to do the vallet parking.
I loved the bright colors, and seriously wanted to take the wall paper home.



Our little sitting room




The cool bag piper!

The perfect time to eat at the roof...just as the sun is setting!

4 years together and just as in Love as the day we got married.

Dessert anyone...mind you it was a buffet, so yes I did go back for more (ha ha ha!)


Nothing beats eating with a view of the temple...especially when you can make requests to the pianist like "Annie's Song" and she knew it.
So 4 years has flown by and who are we kidding I seriously Love Chris SO SO SO much. It is so amazing to think back on all the things that we have shared and been through together. I love him he is my best friend, my soul mate, and I can't wait for what the rest of eternity has in store for us!


8 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow- sounds like a GREAT anniversary!! I've always wanted to stay at the Hotel Monaco too- looks so neat. Please tell me one of you got the Mole at Red Iguana? It's amazing!! We love Blue Plate Diner too, and it's great because they serve breakfast all day, so you can have french toast for dinner... what's better than that?! Glad you had such a nice weekend, and congrats on 4 years together!!

NatBug said...

Congratulations on 4 years! You guys looked like you had a great time and the temple with the sun setting looked so beautiful! I love that restraunt. I loved all the pictures of your little Lydia, she is getting so big. ? though, where is that splash park? In Riverton? Let me know, I would love to take my boys before summer is over.

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

Congratulations! Can't believe that was 4 years ago! SO much has changed. Love the hotel Monaco, we stayed there on our wedding night! Blue plate and red iguana are awesome! Lydia is getting so big! Time flies!

Lauren Rawlings said...

Hey Congratulations! That sounds fun and I've heard about that iguana restaurant too! I'm going to have to try it now.

Rachelle Underwood said...

That is so awesome! Your anniversary sounds heavenly! 4 years? I remember when Chris was still on his mission, and we were taking classes from Axel, and I would fall asleep while the overhead was on! Those days were good, but it's much better to be married and have sweet little kids!

RyanandHailee said...

Congrats!!! That sounds like you guys enjoyed your getaway... SOmetimes its just what you need! So fun!!!

Dave and Lindsay said...

Britt!!! Oh I THE LOVE BLUE PLATE DINER!! Wow what a fun night!! You have inspired me. It's been way too long since dave and I have done something special like that for the two of us!! What a fun night and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Staci Davies said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you guys had a good time


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer