Friday, August 21, 2009

Who needs the ocean when you've got Daybreak?


For any of you who have ever wished that there was a beach close to home...look no further. The beach at DAYBREAK is the bomb! We tood Lydia there after Chris got off of work. It was so much fun. They have this amazing beach with soft sand and little docks that the kids can run and jump off of. And to make it even better there is an amazing playground right by the lake. Needless to say Liddy was in HEAVEN!
She also turns 16 months today. My little toad is getting so big. She is learning so much that it amazes me. She doesn't walk anywhere she now RUNS everywhere. It is the cutest thing to see her come flying down the hall. She is talking more every day. She can communicate quite a bit which makes life so much easier. She also UNDERSTANDS so much. We love to tell her to go and get things like her blanket, or her baby, or a ball and she will go running around to find the item you asked for. She loves to have you READ to her. We will sit in her room literally for an hour each night reading books before she goes to bed. She loves it so much that during the day I will catch her on her rocking chair, she has pulled the pillow and the teddy bear off and she is blabbering with a book in her hand like "I know what I'm doing mom!"She has also become quite the ESCAPE ARTIST, on Monday I put her down for her nap, which she wasn't happy about but that is pretty typical for a Monday. So I went into the family room to clean up and I hear a huge THUD. I run in her room to find her crying on the floor. She had gotten her leg up and kapowee, got out of her crib. Thankgoodness she is alright, and also thankgoodness that it scared her enough she hasn't tried it again. I now wait right by her slightly opened door until she is sound asleep because I am so paranoid about it. She is still a SOCIAL BUTTERFLY and has to say "HI" to every kid she see's. It is almost like a magnet is pulling her to them, she then will blabber on like they know what she is trying to say and some act like they do. She loves to look at our PHOTO ALBUMS. She would spend hours in the den going through the photo albums yelling "Dada", "Nana", "GMPA" whenever she sees there pictures. It is so dang cute. My favorite is she is starting to point things out. You can ask her where her nose, and ears and mouth are and she will point to them. She also wants to point them out on your face as well it is pretty cute. Anyways I could go on for hours about how my baby isn't a baby anymore, and how she has given so much meaning and joy to my life. But for now I will stop and save it for another post! Anyways enjoy the pics and hopefully some of you will get to go and visit Daybreak's own North shore!

Motor boat, motor boat...step on the gas!




Lounging in her chair

You can tell by her hands she wasn't sure about how the sand felt, but she got used to it.




Stealing other kids sand toys...ha ha ha I promise we gave them back.


Who would've thought we would find a beach so close to home.



Such a daddy's girl!



7 comments:

Sarah said...

All of your posts are SO cute! I LOVE your family pictures, they are absolutely darling!! I love the park pics with Liddy and Che', so funny and cute. Isn't it sad that babies have to grow up? :( It is fun though to see them do all these new things, she is so adorable.

Andee said...

Oh, was it the same little move she pulled when she got off Chris' shoulders? I can see her climbing out of the crib! She is totally going to be a dancer like mom. I'm glad I came to check out your blog! Thanks so much for your kind words. :) You guys are great.

RyanandHailee said...

Such Cute Posts!!! Liddy is getting so big and she is so dang cute! Loved your family pics... so much fun :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I had no idea Daybreak had such a nice beach! Looks like you guys had a blast. Lydia is getting so big - I can't believe she is walking and starting to talk. Time sure flies! :)

Katie Jo said...

I just love that picture at the top of you blog. I think that is the cutest picture I have EVER seen.

NatBug said...

We love Daybreak Beach too! If the main one is too crowded, go further North and there is another one that is just as nice, but without as many people. I also love Lydia and the dog food, that is so adorable!!!

Allyson White said...

Wow--we will have to visit that spot next summer and just think, no big waves to knock the kids down! Very cute pics....


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer