Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Carving pumpkins!

The pumpkins!
Justin and Lindsey...what proud pumpkin parents!

Chris isn't holding his pumpkin because he only carved the eyes before getting distracted with X-box...gotta love it!
I had seen a cute idea on Studio 5 for some new creative pumpkins so Lindsey and I tried out the polka dot pumpkin, instead of the classic pumpkin style!
Gotta love carving pumpkins
Here is Chris' up close and personal... he came in all excited and announced that he was going to carve the statue of liberty. Well hopefully he doesn't think that is what she looks like! Instead he did the holes for a very interesting ghost! The funny thing was he the only thing he did carve was the eyes and no light could've shined through (ha ha ha)
While Lindsey and I worked hard on our pumpkins Chris and Justin played Halo live with a few other people like Darin down at school and some of Chris' high school friends. Yes my husband is wearing a head set (ha ha ha!)
Our masterpieces!


****Ok so I'm sure you are wondering why 4 posts at once, well I thought I had lost my usb cord so I ordered a new one and then tonight Chris got on a cleaning kick and cleaned out the linen closet and there it was (Hallelujuah!) sp*****


3 comments:

NatBug said...

I love carving pumpkins! Too bad I am not great at it. We usually all start with our own pumpkins, the kids then give up on theirs and I usually end up carving 3 easy ones while John does one really hard one. This year I think that I will gut them before I let the kids start on them. This way the kids will last longer!

Ashley King said...

Not Halo again?! LOL! Chris' pumpkin is just sad. The polka dot pumpkins are adorable!

Dave and Lindsay said...

Britt I love the pumpkins we are going to do that next week I think. I will have to try your idea of the cute polka dot pumpkins!!! I loved it!!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer