Friday, October 24, 2008

Freezer dinners!

Well Patrice and I decided to try making enough meals for about 20 nights and freezing them to see if it saves us any time and money. I will admit it was a lot more work than I think that either of us anticipated but I already feel like it was worth it. We made some really great meals that I would ususally feel like I don't have the time to do, and now all I have to do is pull them out and cook them. No prep time what-so-ever!
Lindsey wasn't able to do the dinners so while she was there she was working on painting a darling chair for her kitchen table.
Over all I feel like it was worth it and a lot of fun, so thank you Patrice for finding all the recipes and telling me what to bring! And thanks to my mom, Robin and Lindsey for helping watch the kids so we could try our idea out!
Lydia with her cousin Raini
Lydia, Raini and Bode on the chair that aunt Lindsey
was painting while we were cooking!

Lydia with Grandma Knudsen...
ya the binky is practically bigger than she is!


A few of our amazing freezer meals



Yes I know don't those look delecious?





1 comments:

NatBug said...

That looks like such a great idea, I have seen it before and have been thinking about doing it. I got a new calling at church to help and plan Enrichment nights, I think that I am going to suggest this as an activity.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer