Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A toddler's best friend!

OK so for those of you who have known Che' since he was a puppy you know that he was our baby. He ruled our home no doubt. We sacrificed 2 sets of blinds, several hoses, so many of my high heels I don't even want to count and countless socks. We let that dog rule the roost and all because yes we love him.
Well after Lydia was born, we became pretty typical (I like to think) parents and we became SUPER overprotective of Lydia around Che'. It wasn't that we thought he was going to try to hurt her, I don't think Che' could hurt a fly. We were worried he would hurt her without meaning to.
So for the past 18 months Che' had found a new residence OUTSIDE. It seemed to work, he seemed happy and we would bring him in at night when it got cold. Well someone else had a different idea.
For the past couple of weeks Lydia has become obsessed with Che' from the moment she wakes up until she goes to be all I hear is CCCCHHHHEEE (it is pretty funny because when she says his name it sounds like she has a British accent.) Anyways we have slowly but surely been bringing Che' back inside. I'll be honest I fought it tooth and nail. I hate dog hair, and hate having to be on guard for my shoes and socks and now Lydia's toys but and there is a big BUT...
Lydia absolutely adores him. So anyways Lydia you win, I will let Che' come in the house, and I will sweep up and vacuum up his hair but only because I love you, and who are we kidding I really do love Che' too.

P.S. Surprisingly Che' has mellowed quite a bit, he knows he can't go in Lydia's room, and who are we kidding he will just sit there while Lydia malls the poor dog. Not to mention that now she follows him around on all fours (like a dog!)

Lydia and he new best friend!



Welcome back puppy!




5 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

We are so with you on the dog hair. I could just die every time I see a pile of their fluff. Alex loves Max and Brody though, he is always giving them hugs and sitting on them. They are our babies too! Che is going to be her dog now!

Heather Strong said...

That is so cute. Emmett loves our cat but I hate our cat, so I think we're going to get rid of her and either get a new one or... sigh... I'll let Jake get a dog because he has been talking about it for years. Good to know that Che does well with Lydia though!

Hansen Family said...

That is the cutest story! I bet che loves her just has much!

Rob Dog said...

Too funny! Hayd loves our dog as well, they play together all day! Only Hayden has started to try to ride him, not good when Otis is only 20 lbs and Hayd is like 25!!! :) Such cute pictures!

Janeen said...

ahhhhh so cute. gotta love the pup. owen is the same way with wrigley. rolls all over him, and when he is outside is watching for him out the window. that is so cute. im glad he is back :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer