Sunday, November 22, 2009

What the what???



Well if anyone has ever heard us talk about our ward you would hear us use words like, HUGE, ENORMOUS, LARGE (I think you get the idea) Anyways a few weeks ago our bishop announced that our ward was being split. This wasn't a big surprise but it was sad to say goodbye to a lot of great people in our ward. I was serving as the 5 yr old teacher with the most amazing partner ever. I won't lie I loved my calling, I loved my little kids and seriously I loved being in primary.


Well last Tuesday I got a call to see if I could come in and recieve a calling. I thought well they sort of told me that we would most likely be recieving our same calling so I thought Ok awesome, I loved my calling. Well I was thrown a bit of a surprise, I was called as the PRIMARY CHORISTER!!! Now mind you I accepted the calling whole heartedly and I really am so so excited. But I must say I definitely feel extremely inadequate. Who are we kidding I do not sing, if any of you have ever heard me you know I am tone deaf and I know it.


Anyways I was so nervous for today, but it was actually so much fun. The new primary presidency is going to do an amazing job, and I truly feel blessed to be able to be apart of it. Anyways overall despite my horrible voice I love my new calling...mind you I might change my mind once it comes to primary program time (ha ha ha!)


4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh my!! Sounds SO familiar... a couple years ago I was also called to be Primary Chorister. Now, do you remember my terrible voice?! We must have practiced singing together since we are both tone deaf:) I was SO nervous and didn't even know how to read music or lead, but it ended up being my FAVORITE calling I'd ever had. I served for 3 years and it I bawled like a baby when they released me. It's such a great calling because you get to be the "favorite" of all the kids because you are leading the music, which is the fun part of church for them:) It's so rewarding to see the little ones learn every word to a difficult song and belt it out with all their might! They just eat up all the fun games you can play to learn songs too. You will do so well, I know, because you are so high energy and fun!
Good Luck!

Hansen Family said...

You will do a great job! The kids will love you and Aspen will miss having you as her teacher

Sarah said...

Hahaha! That is MY calling right now, and I LOVE it. it is so easy, fun, and the kids love you. You will do so great and love it. good luck! :)

holly said...

you'll be awesome....kids don't care what you sound like....just make sure you teach them the right words!! in our last ward we had an "elderly lady" and if she couldn't remember she would totally just make words up!! but, it was kind of funny :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer